Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trying New Things...

Whooh, getting back into the swing of back to school and fall schedules is hard! We've been trying to keep a low profile for these 1st few weeks, letting the kids adjust to the rigmarole. Now next week starts another round of after school activities dance class resumes, fall soccer, school open house, and hunting season has started too. This will soon be followed by Awanas, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and possibly piano lessons. I'm tired just thinking about it! ;) It's actually a very fun and exciting time for our growing family. I can't believe we are at this stage already! Anyway, I digress.... onto the topic at hand.

I have gotten so far behind on my scrapbooking that my family has seriously started to protest about the lack of photos they get to see. So... in order to try and get "caught up" (hahahah like that's really possible with the gazillion photos I take each month) I have decided to try my hand at digital scrapbooking. I figured it couldn't really be too different from designing journaling cards etc for my shop so I down loaded some scrapbook products and gave it a whirl. I've done about 20 some layouts in the last week (so definitely getting more done)and they are off to the printers, so I'm hoping I like the results when they arrive. Now don't get me wrong, I am not giving up paper and glue scrapbooking. I love it too much to ever do that! ;) ...but digital is giving me a much needed solution for some quick scrapbook catch-up and the big bonus is I don't have to wait while I sort and edit photos then order prints. I just do it all as I build the pages and I can make them any size I want and fit a ton of photos on 1 page! YEAH! Sooo... here are a few samples of my first foray into the digi world of scrapbooking.






When I showed hubby some of my digi layouts he said, "Those look great babe. I'm so glad your doing this. I know you love scrapbooking, but maybe all your layouts don't have to be so artistic." Yah know, he's right. I do love to scrapbook, and I will always do it, but what's the point of having boxes of photos and files on the computer that no one sees. As long as my layouts come back from the printer lookin' good I will definitely continue to do both paper and digital and mix em in our albums. That way we get the best of both worlds: all of our memories scrapbooked and recorded to be looked at and enjoyed and I get to be a crafty happy gal! I love it when that happens! Have a great weekend!

No comments: