Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fun Christmas Tradition


It starts today! This is a pretty new tradition for my family, we started it last year. I read somewhere that one clever mom wrapped one Christmas themed book for each of the 25 days of Christmas. Then each day her child got to unwrap a story that they read as part of a countdown to Christmas. I thought the idea was so great I started it for my family. (Thanks to the help of my super fab cousin Jessie who stocked me with a bag full of Christmas books last year!;)) We actually do several different kinds of advents here. I created an advent mini album with pull out tags that give us activities to do each day (like wrap presents, take cookies to a neighbor, make someone a card to show you care...etc). This year I also made a countdown calendar. I'll share a picture of that later... but for now let the countdowns begin!

I'd love to hear about your advent/countdown traditions... leave a comment and share!

More new goodies going in my shop today... stop by and check them out! Have a great day!

No comments: