Friday, December 3, 2010

Journal Your Christmas Pages

I'm so excited about this project!! I received my 2nd email yesterday and I was really looking forward to working on another page. I'm so excited because by the time New Year is here I'll have an entire Christmas album created full of all the little details that make our Christmas ours recorded as they happened. I'm usually scrapbooking Christmas pictures eons after the events are over desperately trying to remember the cute things the kids said and did etc. BUT not this year. Thanks to good ole photoshop, the ease of digital photos, and "Journal Your Christmas" I will have this book off to the printers and back in the hands of my family sometime in January. YIPPPEE!
So here is the "manifesto" page... I used it as a dedication to my family.



... and here is yesterday's page. The prompt (each day there is a journaling prompt to help you record all the details of your Christmas) was all about snow and White Christmas so this is what I came up with.



I don't know if you can tell from these photos but I used some blue tinted textures on the photos and then "erased them" around a focal point. I think they turned out looking pretty wintery! ;)
Here is an example:
Before

After

Love to play in photoshop!! I'll have some teacher gift ideas to share soon. Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: