Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Teacher Gifts


I thought I'd share these fun and easy teacher gifts I made this year: Christmas Candy Cones. Ok, so first start with a pattern. Go here if you don't have one of your own. Trace in onto some pretty paper, cut it out, roll it into a cone and fasten with glue or double sided tape. Viola! You have a candy cone. Now if you want you can decorate the cone to your hearts delight or you can simply punch a hole on each side of the cone and tie on a ribbon hanger. Either way they are cute! Then fill your cone with goodies. I filled our cones with chocolate cause who doesn't like chocolate! ;) You could even tuck in gift cards, pencils, or other little trinkets.


This year I also made a bunch of treat bag toppers in photoshop and printed them out so I'd have some on hand for gifts. (you could make yours from scrapbook paper too, this was just quicker for me and sometimes quicker is better ;)) I tucked the cones in clear bags, added a topper, and set them in a basket ready for giving!

We started giving them out this week, and they have been a big hit! I had the kids make Christmas cards to go with them... and those have really been a huge hit. Everyone likes a handmade card with a wonky little Christmas tree and a child's handwriting! ;)

I have some more ideas to share later for quick gifts for classmates, friends, and neighbor children. Merry Christmas! Have a great day!

No comments: