Sunday, March 13, 2011

Counting Down the Days!!!



Oh man oh man... I can HARDLY wait for the Farm Chicks show this year! It's terrible! I mean June is a not exactly around the corner and yet I find myself daydreaming about this amazing event. If you have never been you should make this year your first visit.(I say first because once you go you will want to come back every year) Go here to the website to find out the details and then check out the Farm Chicks blog on my blog roll to the left. If you love vintage, shabby chic, junkin, chippy paint on old furniture, glitter, and sometimes find yourself daydreaming about all the things you could do with some chicken wire, hot glue and an old window frame, this show is for you. NO ONE will look at you like your crazy when you pick up that beat up old milk pail and take it home to turn into a planter. No one will doubt your intelligence when you spend money on that adorable old beat up bench with 3 layers of chipping paint. They will smile, wave, and say, "Ohhhh that's soooo cute! I'll take it if you don't want it!" It really is a junker's paradise. Then of course there is the whole girls weekend, no husbands or kids to look after, no housework or cooking to do, out with my best friend having fun, laughing, and relaxing all weekend long. Unless of course we both spot that perfect vintage treasure at the same time... then it's every woman for herself! ;) Ok enough daydreaming, I'll just have to wait till June like everyone else!

No comments: