Sunday, October 12, 2008

Holiday Place Cards from Journaling Cards

I wanted to show you a fun and different way to use your journaling cards. I used the Fabulous flora Glittered Journaling cards from the shop to make some fun Thanksgiving place cards. They were super easy to make.

All I did was stamp a bracket image on the card and then wrote the person's name in it. Then I added some golden tan tulle and tied it around some berries I cut from a fake fall vine.

I added a piece of chocolate brown felt, stamped a flourish onto white cardstock, and layered it onto the felt. (I think I need to go back and add some glitter to the flourish :)) Then, to make the card stand up, I glued it to a large button. I think they will look cute on my Thanksgiving table, and I can reuse them for my family every year. I hope you'll try to make some too! They could be made for any occasion or holiday. I have some cute new cupcake cards coming to the shop that would be adorable birthday place cards. Hmmmm...who do I know that's having a birthday soon....

No comments: