Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Goodie Tin Idea

Hi everyone! Sorry I've gone missing the last few days, it has been so cold here (highs of 8 degrees lows of -30 degrees with the windchill) and I've been hunkered in with my sick children. I must say though, despite the bitter cold, it looks so beautiful outside. Winter blue skies, a blanket of snow covering everything, Christmas wreathes and lights everywhere.... it really is wonderful. (as long as I don't actually have to go outside :))

Anyway... I'm back to share another fun Christmas idea today. My local scrapbook store had a cookie exchange last weekend and I thought I'd share the cute little altered tin I made to store my cookies in.

The tin is just a brand new empty paint can that you can get at your local hardware store, Home Depot, etc.


Then I just covered it with paper (use small circle punch to make the "hole" for the handle) on the sides and top. I added the cute little vintage deer image, some chipboard, a doily, buttons, and tinsel.


Then I tied ribbons, more tinsel, and hung plastic mini Christmas balls from the handle. I think it turned out really cute!


Paint cans are pretty cheap, and they make great containers to give gifts in too. Then it's like giving a double gift because they can reuse the beautiful container every year! (this would be great for any season/holiday, not just Christmas)

I'll be back to show you some cute little signs I made for the Christmas swap and few other goodies between now and Christmas.

I'm still adding new stuff to my etsy shop daily, so be sure to swing on over to Pink Owl Paperie and give it a look see.

No comments: