Monday, December 8, 2008

Using red and white to decorate.... and a thank you!

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who participated in the Christmas sale and shop events! I am wrapping and packing up all the goodies today and then they will be in the mail! I'll let everyone know when I've shipped theirs.

I thought I'd also share a little photo of my friend Joy's new home. I had to laugh because I obviously had not had enough coffee yet when I set her there. It wasn't until I took the photo that I realized the glittery little sign above her head says, "Joy".




I have an open shelved china cabinet in my dining room and I just love decorating it for the holidays. It was built from 2 antique cupboards and is painted off white and a pale taupe. I filled it with all my white dishes and crystal. At Christmas I hang the red glittery signs, drape the top with greenery, and fill the bowls and pedestals with red and pearl Christmas ball ornaments. I love the look of the simple red and white.

I'd love to hear about your favorite place to decorate in your house or what colors you like to use. Leave a comment after this post to share your decorating ideas!

No comments: