Monday, January 26, 2009

A Christmas Challenge Layout

I don't know about you, but I take a lot of photos- especially during the holidays. I thought I'd share what I like to do when I don't want 5 layouts of the same "event" but I want to make sure the photos are scrapbooked. I simply make a pocket layout. I turned the second page of this 2 pg. spread into a pocket by putting adhesive on only three edges of my paper. I also love to sew around the edges, but I had loaned my machine out to a friend when I did this page. Then I all had to do was tuck the extra photos behind the pocket!

Every year my family and I go Christmas tree hunting on Thanksgiving morning. It is one of our favorite family traditions. Be sure to scrapbook your family traditions, even if they are things you wouldn't normally photograph! Your family will thank you so much for it later!!

I love to use gathered or ruffled ribbon on my projects. This super cute red polka dot ribbon is lightly wired, so it made it so easy to fold into gathers! I just accordion folded it and then glued it to my page. I also used one of the "Vintage Journaling Cards" from the set in my shop and added a little button border. (PS. the polka dot ribbon will be in the shop soon too if ya want to get ya some!)
More ribbon ruffles and a super cute journaling spot from Jenn at My Creative Mess. She is super talented to be sure to check her out!
I also used the "Macintosh Apple Felt Photo Corners" from the shop on this layout. I love how they add texture, detail, and POLKA DOTS. I love polka dots!
Because there wasn't a lot of room for journaling on this page I tucked an old postcard image I journaled on and tucked it in the pocket. I like to do this with my journaling that is more personal as well. Ya know, something I wouldn't want just any old person who picked up my album to read.

Ok keep scrapping away everyone! We've got to get all those Christmas photos scrapped!!! I love to see your challenge pages too! Send me a picture or a link!

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Your LO is beautiful!!!! LOVE the idea of the pocket for extra pics!

Jenn aka boysmama said...

omg..is that the most amazing layout ever?? I LOVE it!! I love those journaling tags of yours too. *sigh*