Sunday, January 18, 2009

Valentine Photo Cards

A week or so ago I took some fun pictures of my kids to use for Valentines cards. I always use Valentines day as a good holiday to get distant family caught up on pictures of the kids. Christmas is always so hectic, it works so much better for me to send a little Valentines package to our families.

This year I decided to make photo cards instead of scrapbooking cards and sending separate photos. I thought I'd show you one of the cards I made using a photo of my youngest son. (I know it looks a little girly, my hubby pointed that out. But he's wearing angel wings and they looked so cute...)

I changed the tint on the photo to look old fashioned and used a brush stroke pattern to give it some texture. Then I put it into a digital vintage frame added the heart, bird, and sentiment. Voila! Cute, easy, done! I'm going to make several different styles using the photo's I took that day then all I have to do is upload to Costco.com and I'll have instant Valentine cards! Yeah! Be sure and give this a try, it's such a wonderful way to tell someone your thinking of them this Valentines day!

Be sure to check the shop for some other fun Valentine goodies, they will be going in all week!

No comments: