Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Christmas Challenge Layout

I'm just a plugging away at the Christmas Photo Challenge, how about you? (see previous post for details)

This layout is all about another one of our family traditions. It's a pretty simple thing, but my husband started it when we were first dating so it has a special place in my heart! Awwww, shucks, got all sappy on ya didn't I! :)
For our 1st Christmas when we were dating, my hubby gave me a little reindeer ornament that had a hear pendant around his neck that said cupid. I thought it was so sweet that he thought about getting me a Christmas ornament. Then the next year he got me another ornament (Goofy all tangled up in Christmas lights-I'm kind of a BIG klutz, so it was really funny). Then I joined in and we started getting each other ornaments each year. As we had children they became part of the tradition too. I love that when they are grown, each of them will have a wonderful box of ornaments and memories to take with them!

I used some Shabby Felt Birds from my shop and one of the journaling cards from the Retro Christmas Glittered card set.

I added a little stitching to the page too. I used a zig zag stitch and sewed my chipboard title to the page. I also added a super cute pom pom trim that my pal Jenn gave me. Thanks Jenn I love it!

Show me your challenge progress! Leave a comment or a link to your projects! Don't for get to stop by my etsy shop and take advantage of the February special! Lots of new journaling cards in the shop!

No comments: