Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Vintage Valentine Creation


This is a cute wall hanging I made for our house the other day. It was so quick and fun to do! I had just been dying to use this cute red striped fabric I bought so this is what I came up with.

I dyed a white silk carnation with coffee to give it an aged look and added it to one corner of the sign. I used really large red rick rack as a hanger and tied pink and white striped fabric strips and sparkly red tulle to it after I stitched it onto the sign.

I layered vintage dotted Swiss fabric, floral print patterned scrapbook paper, and a vintage Valentine image and stitched them to the sign. I added some fun trims, vintage appliques, and wooden bingo markers.

I made the base of the sign out of chipboard. Then I cut,tore, and frayed the fabric so it would cover the chipboard with some "hanging over" the edges.

Then I stitched the 2 together with some haphazard layers of stitching and added the embellishments!

I love how it turned out, and now I have several more I want to make! Valentines Day is sneaking up so quickly! I have several gifts I need to get working on too! I share them as I finish them.

Don't for get about the February Special in my shop. (see previous post for details) Be sure to head on over there today, I've added some new goodies!

No comments: