Friday, May 8, 2009

Get Sketching!

So here is a new sketch today and a layout to go with it. I'm trying to keep up with my goal to stay caught up on my scrapbooks for 2009. I love being able to journal when it's fresh in my memory. This is a layout I did of my surprise b-day party my kids and mom threw for me. (...remember I told the whole mushy story back in January... sigh, it still brings a happy tear to my eye :))

Here's the sketch I did...


...and here's the layout.

I used lots of stitching, reds, aquas, and vintagey goodies, some of my favorites.




I wanted to include the handmade birthday cards my children made, but there wasn't a lot of room for them (they were kinda large). So I cut a slit in my layered papers and made a pocket be hind the mat of the large photo. I also made one of the small photos a pocket and slipped a tag with my journaling into it. Great space savers when you have ephemera, souvenirs, cards, etc that you'd like to include on your layouts. Almost anything can become a pocket!



More new goodies going in today. Be sure to stop by my shop and check them out! Have a great day!

No comments: