Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank you...

I made this card for one of my husband's aunts, so I thought I'd share it with you. No matter what is going on, they always remember our children's birthdays and send out gifts. It is so nice of them to think of the kids, this year I wanted to send special "thank yous" out. Sooo... handmade cards here we come! I'm still trying to keep up with my goal of making a couple of cards every week. That way when things like this come along, I have a special card already to go!
I just love those Jenni Bowlin bingo cards. You don't even have to use the whole card, just a piece of one (like I did here) adds so much. I just used my fingers to rough up and tear the edges of the paper before I inked it. I inked the white flowers as well to tone them down a bit.
I used a Sparkled Felt Blossom from my shop. Go here to get a better look. Notice there is a button missing from one of the white flowers. I had a wonderful assistant while taking these photos, my 2 year old son Connor couldn't resist that one particular button. But don't worry, I stuck it back on so now I can mail it out. :)

Making cards is also great way to jump-start your creativity, so get scrapping! I'll be adding more goodies to the shop again today. Be sure to stop in and check them out!

No comments: