Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm Back....

Yeah! I'm starting to feel better and just in time too! My next holiday show is this Saturday! I'm gonna be a busy be the next 2 days! If your in the Missoula area please be sure and stop by! It's at the Broadway Inn Sat. the 15th from 8-5. There are going to be lots of fun vendors there, so stop on by and see me. Tell me you saw this info on the blog and I'll give you 2 yards of vintage seam binding free! The yummiest ribbon for all your holiday projects and gift wrapping!

So with out further ado, here is the fun star Christmas ornament project!


You will need some chipboard stars, vintage sheet music or patterned paper, super fine glitter, and glue dots. I would recommend either Pink Paislee's "Pixie Sticks" or Martha Stewart glitters (you can find those at Walmart).


Cover your stars with the paper and ink the edges. I did both sides in case I hang them in front of a mirror etc. Then here is the most fabulous tip I learned from the talented Brandy Faulkner: use glue dots to make perfect glittery polka dots! I randomly put the glue dots on the paper, then sprinkled with red glitter, "pressed" it down and voila! Beautiful sparkly Christmas polka dots!

You can either leave the stars as they are, or embellish them with all kinds of goodies like I did. Here are some examples:


I used ribbon, tulle, vintage Christmas seals, flowers, buttons, and more.


I haven't put hangers on mine yet because I can't decide if I want to make a garland out of them or hang them individually from the ceiling in front of the mirror in my entryway. I think they would look so cute hanging with some snowflakes sparkled up with silver glass glitter.



They were so fun and quick to make! Now it's your turn to give them a try! I would love to see what you come up with, so send me a photo and I'll put it on the blog! Have fun with that AWESOME technique by Brandy Faulkner, I can see all kinds of glittery polka dots in my future!

1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

oh my gosh..those are SOOOO cute!! Love 'em!! You are so creative!!