Friday, August 22, 2008

A few "Birds of a Feather" Kit Projects

Here are a few projects from the new "Birds of a Feather" paper crafting kit. It will be in the shop later this morning.
This is a 12x12 2-page layout I made of my daughter. I love to be able to use something besides pink for little girl pictures! I cut the large scalloped chipboard circle in half and used it on one page and then carried the scallop theme over to the other side by using one of the chipboard scalloped border strips. (Oh goodie, now I still have half of the scalloped circle to play with! You could use it to make a wall hanging like the one I made with the "Woodland Fairytale" kit, see the kit post)

I used one of the cute little felt birds here. I just love how the pear eye brings a little something glitzy to the page.

I used one of the artisan labels to do my journaling. They are just so versatile! They go with anything!

This is a little thank you card I made. I love to have handmade cards on hand for a variety of occasions, then when I need one they are always there! I used some of the sparkly red tulle and gathered it with a vintage button. Simple and pretty!

I have a ton left, and have several more projects to work on. This kit is really versatile, I think I will use some of what is left to make a heritage layout.

Be sure to stop by the shop and check it out! I have another kit in the works called "Summer Skies." It has all the rich warm colors that remind me of that end of summer transition into fall. It has some beautiful vintage inspired papers too, so watch for it!

No comments: