Monday, August 25, 2008

Photo Editing Tricks and a Shop Update

I am by no means an expert on photo editing programs, but I thought I'd share a few more easy tricks I was playing around with. These photos are from our recent visit to Greenbluff Farms.

For this photo, I used the color saturation option. I took some of the color out of the photo (if you take it all out it becomes black and white) and then I bumped up the red tone to create a kind of pinky hue to her skin. I wanted it to look warm and soft and similar in color to the berries themselves. Super easy!


I just love these baskets! I wish I could've brought them home with me! On this photo I used the saturation again to take some of the color out and then I also removed some of the brightness. This gave it a softer faded antique look that suited the worn baskets so well.


These wheat fields were so beautiful, and they went on forever! In this photo, I increased the brightness then I decreased the contrast to give it a softer look. The more you decrease the contrast the more it looks like you have laid vellum over your photo. Kind of a cool look to play around with.

On this last photo, I wanted to jump up the color and really make it look bright and fun. I wanted that berry stained face to jump off the page. I bumped up the contrast and the color saturation until it was the way I wanted it.

Just a few simple ideas that can make your photos look a little different. I have said before that I have the most basic editing program, but it's fun to play around with different looks.

I'm adding new items to the shop today and tomorrow, so check it out!

No comments: