Monday, July 28, 2008

Cute and Functional Organization

I just love the idea of re-purposing old things to make them new again. I saw this photo and just thought it was so fun using vintage jelly jars to organize your embellishments. It's very functional and looks super cute on your shelf!

If you think about it, I'm sure you have some great "containers" lying around your house or in your cupboards. Dig out those chipped teacups, canning jars, candy dishes, etc and put them to use! I have my grandma's vintage canning jars filled with buttons and sitting on my shelf. They just make me smile when I see them sitting there. An old candy dish of hers holds extra embellishments, bits of ribbon, and other fun odds and ends. Yard sales are great for finding unique storage treasures too. Just keep your eye out for the unexpected and be sure and hit a few sales before the summer is over!

I'd love to hear about your creative storage solutions for your crafts etc. So leave a post and inspire us!

No comments: