Monday, July 21, 2008

New Sketch and a Layout

Here is a sketch and a layout I did this weekend:
It is designed to fit 7 4x6" photos, but you could always cut them down and mat them too. Remember a sketch is just a jumping off point to get those creative juices flowing!


A few detail shots:
I used Sparkled Felt Blossoms from the shop as accents. I love to add different textures and materials to my projects. So fun!

I also used tulle a lot on this layout. I added it to the felt blossoms, title, and even mixed it with some velvet ribbon, a vintage hat pin, and tied it around this photo. You might want to pick yourself up a little roll. It comes in all kinds of colors and is great for layering behind other embellishments for extra texture and depth.

A little doodling (or scribbling as I like to call it) can add so much to a page. I made a frame around the title and a photo too.


Well my scrapbook weekend was great, at least until I got some kind of food poisoning Saturday night and had to come home. I missed the last day! What a bummer! But on the up side, my friend Jami entered one of my layout in the page contest and I won! I got a nice gift certificate to The Scrapbook Hideaway! WooHoo!

I did get a few things done for the shop before I left, so watch for them. I'll be adding them over the next day or so. New button brads, a travel album, and some new embellishments. I don't know about you, but I get really frustrated trying to find a variety of masculine/boy embellishments. So, I have started to make my own. You will see a few of those going in the shop this week too. I'm also working on a black felt album and kit, 2 new kits, some more cards and tags. Keep your eye out!

1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

wooohooo...so excited that you won the layout contest...such a CUTE layout too!! :) I hear ya on the boy stuff...it's so dang hard to find cute stuff...can't wait to see what you come up with!!